Sunday, April 15, 2018


A Poem a Sunday
Easter IV – B
April 22, 2018

Good Shepherd
Sunday


Psalm 23 - Now

(For Penny L. – Grand-dog)

God is my Master.
I will not be abused.
She walks me
in forest preserves.
She slakes my thirst
with cool waters.
God adopts me
and leads me
on safe pathways.
Even if I enter
the waste ridden alleys
I am unafraid
for God is with me.
God’s leash and reach
remain my comfort.
God prepares my daily dish
in front of those
who would hurt me.
God baths me with lavish love.
Compassion and kindness
flow over me every single day
and I will live
in my Master’s house
forever.

Copyright 2018 @ A Poem a Sunday
May be used with permission
kennstorck@gmail.com







2 comments:

  1. Dad this made me cry! I love it! Penny loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your use of the term leash, made me think,

    ReplyDelete